Deed Research and Validation

General Regulations

  • All deeds presented to the Treasurer's Office must have a completed State of Maryland intake sheet. You can access and complete the intake form (PDF) on the Circuit Court website.
  • If a property is flagged by the State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT) for agricultural transfer tax (PDF), a copy of the agricultural transfer tax worksheet, along with a check must accompany the deed.
  • If the current property received a Homeowners Tax Credit / Circuit Breaker Credit, you will need to contact our office to obtain the correct amount to recapture the credit prior to the deed transfer.
  • The Treasurer’s Office is responsible for stamping every deed before it can be recorded at the Clerk of the Circuit Court for Calvert County. All deeds must be stamped by the Water and Sewerage Division prior to presenting it to the Treasurer’s Office for final stamp.
  • When re-recording a deed, you will still need to present the deed to the Water and Sewer Department, then the Treasurer’s Office for an updated tax stamp.